Curtains Vs Window Blinds
We all know curtains. We have seen it. Let me describe Roman blinds. These are the window blinds that is made out of the curtain fabric. Any curtain fabric can be used to make Roman blinds. Roman blinds open bottom-top and flaps as it opens.
One of the most asked questions is whether to go for curtains or roman blinds. Making a choice between these two need understanding the details apart from the sheer looks. Let me explain this objectively.
1) Looking at the Window Size is the first step. If the window is more than 4 feet in width, the curtain may look better. Single piece blind of more than 4 ft width will not look homely. Secondly, most of the curtain fabrics available in India have a width of 4 – 4.5 ft. If the blind width is more than 4 ft, there will be a stitching to attach two fabrics. It may spoil the look of the blind. If you wish to attach additional fabric, it has to be patchwork.
2) Do you like pleats in your curtain? If your answer is yes, then you may not like the look of the roman blinds. Roman blinds give a neat and elegant look. It may not look as rich and traditional as curtains.
3) Design of your windows also plays an important role. Roman blinds look good when it is installed within the frame of the window. It gives a neat and clean look. Curtains, on the other hand, have to come out of the window frame to look grand.
4) Roman blinds are not to be used if the window is a walk-through one. For example, Roman blind is not a choice for draping French doors and windows. It is very inconvenient to open the blind every time you walk through the window. Curtains can just be pushed aside as you pass through the French door.
5) Combination of curtains and roman blinds in the room will make the place look very contemporary. However, the same fabric and design has to be used for have the curtains and roman blind to make it look elegant.