Maintenance of Laminate Wooden flooring
When we think of laminate wooden flooring, one of the common question is on the maintenance. Wooden flooring maintenance is as easy as any other flooring.
1) A good quality Laminate wooden flooring is made of High Density Fibre(HDF) and comes with non-porous layer at the top and bottom. All the other edges are coated with wax. Therefore the flooring is water resistant to a good degree. However, it is always a good practice to avoid pouring water directly to the flooring. If water is spilled, wipe it at the earliest – do not allow to be stagnant for a long time.
2) Everyday mopping can be done with a regular mop after squeezing the excessive water from the mop.
3) Wooden flooring expands and contracts under heat. Therefore get a experienced installer who gives optimal gap for expansion and contraction.
4) Direct sunlight falling on the flooring should be avoided. It overheats those areas and throws away the uniform expansion. It may cause flooring to crack or bulge in those areas of overheat. Use curtains or window blinds to stop direct sunlight.
5) Always keep extra planks of laminate wooden flooring. In case of any mishap, only the damaged plank can be replaced easily. Color shades vary from lot to lot and you may not get the same shade when you need it.
6) Laminate flooring is scratch resistant for common use. However, make sure that the furniture has rubber/plastic bush fitted. Avoid dragging heavy furniture.
7) Abrasion co-efficient of the flooring has to be in accordance to the usage. For example, AC3 is home-grade. It is not meant to be used for a high traffic areas such as shopping malls or restaurants. Failing to notice this may result in quick fading out of the flooring.
Laminate wooden flooring is economical and comes with great utility & benefits. Maintenance does not need any special training. Go for it.